- Perfect Timing. The Colony is open 7 days a week for tours 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM from June 11-September 14, 2018. Our archaeologists are on site Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM and the 2018 dig season will run from June 25 to August 17 . Our Gift Shop is open 7 days a week from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM from June 11-September 14, 2018.
- Relax and Refuel. Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic and enjoy the Colony’s grounds.
- We dig dogs! Leashed pets are welcome on site. Sorry, service dogs only inside buildings.
- When Nature Calls. Public toilets, including facilities for folks with limited mobility, are located inside our Visitor Centre.
- Click away! The Colony of Avalon welcomes photographers. Please share your photos with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Parlez Vous Francais? Please inquire about availability of French-language guided tours. Printed versions of our tour are available in French at Reception.
- Limited mobility? Blue Zone parking is available immediately outside our Visitor Centre. A chair lift is available to our second floor. While most visitors walk from the Visitor Centre, parking is also available next to the archaeological site. Please ask staff for directions. Access around the archaeological site is uneven but fairly level.
- Expect the unexpected. Weather in Newfoundland is unpredictable. No matter what the temperature or state of the sky, pack a warm layer and a raincoat. Skip the sandals. Sneakers or walking shoes work best on site.
- Need Access to WIFI? No problem! Paid admission gives all visitors free access to WIFI while you enjoy your visiting the Colony of Avalon.